Answers to New Christians' Questions -- by Bryan Johnson
Table of Contents: Topics & Questions
A. IN THE BEGINNING
1. How was the earth formed?
2. Why did God create Man? It seems that man has been a
constant problem to God!
3. Since God knows everything, why did he not create
Adam and Eve so they could not sin?
4. Is it fair to punish man because the first man disobeyed God?
B. ABOUT SALVATION AND BECOMING A
5. How can I know that I am a Christian?
6. Can we accept Christ and not let our parents know?
7. How can we know whether Christ really accepts us?
8. If a person becomes a Christian, can that person change
to another religion?
9. If we confess our sins to the Lord Jesus Christ, will he
forgive us, and how do we know that our sins are forgiven?
10. What about friends who are not Christians? What will
they think and say?
C. THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
11. What are the steps to help a new Christian grow in Christ?
12. Should a Christian be baptised in water?
13. Is it true that in baptism one must be totally immersed
14. The Lord Jesus was baptised in the Holy Spirit when he
was baptised in the Jordan by John. Can a Christian expect
this to happen too?
15. What is the baptism in the Holy Spirit?
16. Is prayer necessary?
17. How do we know that our prayers are answered? Will
He answer all my prayers?
18. What does it mean “To pray in the Spirit?”
19. What is the significance of Bible reading?
20. Who comprises the true Church? How do we know what is the true Church?
21. Why are there so many denominations in Christianity?
22. Is regular Church attendance important?
23. Should a Christian become a Church member?
24. To which Church should a Christian pay his tithes?
25. What does it mean to keep the Sabbath Day holy?
26. Should a Christian drink intoxicating drinks and use narcotics?
27. Should a Christian use tobacco?
28. Should Christians attend places of worldly amusement?
29. What if a Christian does something wrong?
30. How do you help a Christian who has backslidden?
31. What if a Christian becomes depressed and discouraged?
32. What is Sanctification?
D. DEVELOPING STRONG FAITH
33. What is saving faith?
34. How do I grow in faith?
35. How can my faith become strong?
36. What is dead faith?
37. What is the relationship between faith and miracles?
38. Why does faith please God?
39. Why do Christians fast?
E. GROWING IN GODLY CHARACTER
40. What is the difference between a follower and a disciple of Christ?
41. Why is it important to develop godly character as a Christian?
42. What is integrity and how do I attain it?
43. How does a person become a deacon?
44. What are the qualifications of an elder?
F. WHAT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD?
45. How do you enter the Kingdom of God?
46. Can we see the Kingdom of God?
47. What is the evidence that the Kingdom of God exists?
48. What is the difference between preaching the gospel
and proclaiming the Kingdom of God?
49. Will the Kingdom of God replace the Government of
G. WHAT ABOUT GOVERNMENTS AND THOSE IN
50. Should I obey my Government and its laws?
51. Are Christians meant to respect authority?
52. Jesus taught radical ideas; should we be rebels?
53. Is democracy a Christian form of Government?
H. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT MULTICULTURALISM?
54. Will I lose my ethnic identity now I have become a Christian?
55. Why did God create so many races?
56. Isn’t Jesus a Jewish God; so how can he be my God?
57. Can I retain my culture and still be a Christian?
58. Since God created man, who created God?
59. Why do the people in the world believe in so many gods?
60. God created all things and all things were very good.
Since God has such great power, why does he not destroy
Satan so this world can be pure forever?
61. How can I know there is a God?
62. Since God is love and all powerful, why did he send
His only Son Jesus Christ to die for us?
63. Who is the Holy Spirit?
64. What or who is the Trinity?
65. Why does the Bible call God Father?
66. Can I expect God to meet my needs?
67. Aren’t all religions the same?
68. Does it matter which religion you believe in?
69. I’ve always prayed five times a day, should I continue to do this?
70. In the past my prayers have been recited from memory,
should I memorise Christian prayers?
71. Will there be Hindu’s, Buddhists and Muslims in heaven?
J. GREAT MEN AND OTHER RELIGIONS
72. Many great men have made noble statements. Should
we also study these sayings as much as the Bible?
73. If food has been given to idols to eat, and is then
given to us to eat, should we eat this food?
74. Should we hold joss-sticks and pray to our ancestors?
K. DEATH, HEAVEN AND ETERNAL LIFE
75. Does a Christian go to heaven immediately he dies?
76. If a person dies without accepting Christ as Saviour,
will they have another chance in the judgement?
L. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
77. Will people find salvation during the Great Tribulation?
78. How did John foresee the future as recorded in Revelation?
79. Will there be a second coming of Christ?
M. THE HOLY BIBLE - GOD’S WORD
80. How can I prove that the Bible is true?
81. Isn’t the Bible written by Man?
82.Are the historical matters in the Bible accurate?
83. How can I understand the Bible?
84. How do we know that the meaning in the Bible was
not altered when it was being translated?
N. THE FUTURE
85. Why can some people predict what is going to happen
in the future?
O. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TEACH ABOUT MARRIAGE?
86. Why do Christians insist that sex comes after marriage?
87. Shouldn’t we try sex before marriage to make sure we are compatible?
88. What is unnatural sex?
89. Why get married anyway?
90. What did Jesus teach about marriage and divorce?
91. Is it alright to have an abortion?
P. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER THINGS WE DO
92. What about the other things which we still do not
Q. THE CHRISTIAN’S WONDERFUL GOAL!
93. What is the Christian’s goal?